Ten Days Mission Experiences is the short-term missions program of Every Nation Churches & Ministries, a Christian organization dedicated to church planting, campus ministry, and world missions. Named after the average length of these short-term mission trips, Ten Days was created to help foster a culture of missions within people and within local churches. We believe that when people experience travel and service to the people of another nation, the experience itself is as powerful and permanent as the trip's actual accomplishments. We believe ten days can change your life, your church, and the world.
Why ten days?. . .
The average American will spend over 1,000 days of his or her life watching television. Why not spend just ten of those days (at least!) to serve God and others on the mission field? Many participants on Ten Days trips have such a life-changing experience that they return for another trip, and another!
What is the ten Days Model?. . .
Jesus used both teaching and short expeditions to train his disciples. On one trip, twelve of them were sent for a few weeks to visit the villages of Galilee. When they returned, they shared with Jesus -- and probably each other -- all about what happened on the trip. This model Jesus used for sending out his disciples is what we envision for Ten Days participants. Your team is provided with specific guidelines as to where to go, what to do, and how to serve. We've found that participants also return overjoyed by how God used them to serve other and by how He changed them in the process.
We also work with a nation's host organization to ensure each Ten Days mission experience fits the needs there. One trip may be organized around a single focus, while another may see to accomplish a number of simultaneous goals. We even examine team members' skills and experiences to determine what type of ministry is possible, but all aspects of a trip's goals are discussed and coordinated with the host organization..
What areas do you focus on?. . .
Typical ministry areas have included:
- College & University Students
- Youth & High School Students
- Business Professionals
- Prayer, Intercession, and Prophetic Ministry
- Medical Missions
- Humanitarian Aid and Community Service
- Families and Children
- The Performing Arts
- Orphanage Support and AIDS Relief
What if I have never done this before?. . .
We've got good news: Each Ten Days mission experience assumes that it's your first. Our training program, "Ten Steps to Ten Days," will help you easily prepare for every aspect of the trip, including...
- Goals and practical expectations
- Spiritual preparation
- Fundraising using our online systems
- Cross-culture sensitivity
- Communication with ministry partners
- Schedules and team contact info
- Emergencies and contingencies
- Debriefing when you return
This is what Ten Days can do. . .
- You can make a difference.
- You can engage the nations.
- You can impact your generation.
- You can see the world in a different light.
- You can preach like you’ve never preached.
- You can believe like you’ve never believed.
- You can serve like you’ve never served.
- You can love like you’ve never loved.
- You can honor God and be a blessing.
- You can be transformed in a single trip.